Our flagship kit, designed for freshwater. We designed this kit for people of all ages. No previous testing experience required. Our field guides and training videos include step-by-step directions on how to use the different tests, understand the results, and record your observations in our free companion app. This kit is a great way for small organizations and individuals to gather data on their lakes and rivers, without breaking the bank.
Each kit contains…
- Thermometer (air temperature)
- Secchi disc (water clarity or depth)
- Test strips (pH, alkalinity, hardness)
- Container to collect used test strips
- Conductivity meter (conductivity, water temperature)
- Conductivity calibration solution
- Sample containers with lid
- Testkit field notepad
- Waterproof phone case
- 5 Whirl pak bags with 3 gloves
- Field guide
- CHEMets Dissolved Oxygen Kit
- 5 Stickers and 3 badges
- Reacher stick
- Magnet reminder of this year’s testing dates
This requires handling glass and chemicals, so suited to those who like to feel like real scientists. This kit has also been compared to professional probes by Carleton University with good results: Read the report.
*NOTE: This is unpacking the old testkit. New video coming soon!