Targeted to youth aged 10+, this kit lets them explore the water and conduct tests. It has been tested with Grade 8 science class with great success! This kit has also been compared to professional probes by Carleton University with good results: Read the report.
Each kit contains…
- Thermometer (air temperature)
- Secchi disc (water clarity or depth)
- 2 packs of Test strips – (pH, alkalinity, hardness)
- Conductivity meter (conductivity, water temperature)
- 6 Sample containers
- Field sheets
- Waterproof phone case
- 30 Whirl pak bags
- ‘Suspect pollution’ collection kit
- Extended Field guide with activities for different age groups
- CHEMets Dissolved Oxygen Kit
- Plankton net and guide
- 30 Stickers and 20 badges
- Garbage bags for collecting trash
- Reacher stick
Explore Excursion Add-on
We come and teach kids in a 90-minute excursion (up to 20 kids). They will learn how to conduct water quality tests, search for water bugs that tell us about water health, and clean up a shoreline. We will help you pick a good spot nearby. Each child will answer skill-testing questions to earn a badge and certificate. If you are further from Ottawa or Pembroke, please contact us to find out a price.
Please note, you are responsible for transportation to and from the water.